Sunday, October 23, 2011

Kellie's YW Recognition Award













Congratulations to Kellie! She finished her personal progress and received her YW medallion award. She's been working really hard on it for the past few years. I of course, being the motivator mom that I am, have encouraged her to get it done before she turned 16, otherwise she wouldn't have a lot of time after that to work on it. Besides, after working in Young Wome's for years I've seen girls be really motivated while they are Mia Maids and then by the time they are Laurels they don't have the time or desire.
We also told her she needed to get it done before she could take driver's ed, so she was bound and determined. Because she is really busy during the school year she did a lot of the work during the summer. She worked on a lot of projects before school started. The one last project she needed to work on was her Virtue Project where she had to finish reading the Book of Mormon. In order to get it done she was reading 6 chapters a day. One thing about Kellie, when she is determined to get something done she does it full force.

She had a recognition night that she shared with 2 other girls - Hannah and Cassidy, who also were getting their medallion. It was a special night. I decorated the display tables with her favorite color- pink, and took pictures of the girls. The girls even put together a slide show. They also sang a beautiful song together. There were a lot of family and friends there to support them. It was a great evening.

Some of her projects included - babysitting for couples to go to the temple, going on the Pioneer Trek, and serving Kristine while she was sick by cleaning here house once a week. She also learned to sew and made herself a skirt.

I love Kellie so much and I'm in awe of her and her accomplishments and abilities. She is growing up to be a beautiful poised young lady right in front of my eyes.

1 comment:

Westonhome said...

Way to go Kellie! You are an inspiration for Kailey to get hers done before she is 16. Your mom is very wise!