I decided years ago when Mike bought a really nice camera that we would just take our own pictures. It does make it a little tricky trying to pose everyone, but I wasn't getting any better results from a professional. And I will admit I do have an eye for those kind of things. Although, sometimes I don't see it until our photo shoot is over, and then wish I would have changed things a little bit.
To find a good location we just walked through our neighborhood and trespassed, (By the way we were questioned by one of the grounds keepers, and he asked us to leave - luckily we were finished.) into the Bozarth Center, a beautiful 1900's mansion that is used for special events. It has a beautiful view and great landscaping, so you couldn't go wrong. And then to help us out a bit I called Kristine to come over and at least push the button. And Kristine does have a great eye as well so why pay a professional.
The girls were all good sports about it - they love posing. But Preston was done. As soon as we got enough ok shots he ran home as fast as he could. Kellie followed suit because she had big plans with friends that night and she had to get ready. So they were gone. No more photos would be taken that day. You get what you get. And I think if we would have taken a few more we would have gotten better lighting and better smiles. Oh well.
So the color scheme this year was grey and yellow. Easy to find clothes for the boys and the girls right.? But it ended up making us a little drab looking. We definitely need brighter colors. But needless to say, it's done. We got the pictures, even if Mike was not smiling in any of them - which he pointed out. Which is very funny because I shouldn't be having to tell him to smile, it's the kids I was worried about. He should know what to do when we're taking pictures, but he must have been thinking about something else. Well too bad, we're not doing it again. You get what you can get - and that's what family pictures are all about.
No comments:
Post a Comment