Sunday, February 27, 2011

We do have Beiber Fever!






I can't believe I'm actually posting about this, but I took my daughters and some friends to see the Justin Beiber movie. My girls said they were the last ones to see it, and that was obvious when we ended up being the only ones in the theatre. Kellie and Ashlie really don't get into the mushy love stuff at all, in fact Ashlie, swore she didn't like him at all. But then after all of her friends were making a fuss about Justin, it sparked her interest. And she has now admitted that she thinks he is cute. And then there is Kellie, my freshman in high school, who makes no excuses for her admiration for the kid. All the girls at the high school are more in love with him than ever after seeing the movie. And of course my five year old, Haylie- well she proudly proclaims to the whole world that she is in love with Justin. I'll ask her why she likes Justin Beiber so much, and she'll answer, "because I he's such a good singer." Really, I thought, the only thing she knows he sings is "Baby, Baby." How can she judge his singing ability by one little be-bop song. Now I'm not the kind of parent who encourages these kind of crushes, in fact I think it's a little ridiculous. I refuse to buy them anything with Justin Beiber on it. So I haven't encouraged Haylie's love for Justin at all. I don't know where it comes from.



And I, on the other hand was thinking of how I could get out of seeing this movie. I would have much rather spent the $7.50 on something else, but I would go for the sake of my girls. (Although I made sure to see what other movies were showing at the same time in case I wanted to sneak out.) So as reluctant as I was to go, I have to admit I do have the "Beiber Fever."



Justin is a very talented and gifted singer. How can one person have such presence, singing ability, dancing skills, and he plays the drums, piano, and the guitar. I love that! How can you not be impressed. And some how he has gotten every young girl in the world to fall in love with him, including my daughters.


Did I mention that I had to take Preston with us. He was kicking and screaming the whole way, but I had no other choice because Mike was gone. But half way through the movie I asked him if he wanted to leave and he said, "No!" He's a fan now too.


Kristine and Katherine came as well. Kristine figured she had to find out what all of the fuss was about .


No comments: