
The kids were so excited to dress up for Halloween this year. And I was so excited because Preston and Haylie knew exactly what they wanted to be the month before (Preston a Power Ranger, and Haylie a butterfly)- my job was done, right? Well, then the girl's decided that they wanted to be something fun and creative- I guess you're never too old to want to dress up in the best costume. So my easy Halloween turned into a lot of hours at the sewing machine. I actually had a lot of fun designing and coming up with the ideas myself.

So, Ashlie was a Pretty Pirate. If you notice the parrot on her shoulder gives it the right touch - AARRGGHH!. And then Kellie, being in 7th grade now, I thought for sure wanted to have a low key costume, but she liked the Hershey Kiss idea. What was so cool about this outfit was the awesome silver leggings we found to go with it. She went out with her friend who was Tabasco sauce, so they were the "Hot" and "Sweet" girls.


Our Halloween tradition has always been to go to the "Trunk-or-Treat" at the church first. We love seeing everyone in the ward and it's a quick way to get a lot of candy. That lasts a half hour and then we go to my parents neighborhood with my sisters and their kids because they always score with all of the candy there. It was a fun and spooky night!

Oh, I forgot to mention that Mike and I also got into the spirit of Halloween. We were invited to a couple's party and I didn't know what we were going to be and I didn't want to buy anything. So I borrowed my sister's poodle skirt, her old black leather coat (notice who is wearing the coat), and an Elvis wig and the blonde wig from a friend. We were Sandra Dee and Danny Zuko from Grease. Mike actually won "Best Costume." I think it had everything to do with his tight pants - they were mine! Mike does look great with a full head of hair.
3 comments:
You two look great! I need to pick up on your costume making skills! We always have to go to a couples party. The stress of a costume!!!
Love the costumes Leslie. They look awesome. I agree Mike looks great in those jeans (haha) and I love the full head of hair. When you figure how to grow the real hair back let Darcy know!
oh my gosh I love your costumes!! I laughed when I saw the grease theme, great idea!!
Post a Comment