Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ashlie's 10th Birthday! (October 7th)




Ashlie is now 10!!!! It seems like yesterday she was born. Ashlie is such a sweetheart. At school she comes across as very shy and reserved, but we know differently. At home she is the one that is always putting on a show, dancing, or trying to make us laugh. We love Ashlie.








For her birthday we surprised her by taking her to the pet store and letting her pick out a parakeet- the one thing she really wanted. She was very excited. This was a big deal for the Egan's because our only pets so far have been hermit crabs and gold fish. She picked out a turquoise one - her favorite color and named her Pearly. Here she is with Grandma Komm waiting to see what her surprise is.







Ashlie also had a huge birthday party with her friends. See, after starting birthday parties with Kellie, I decided I only wanted to do this every other year. So, this was the year, and because Ashlie has been invited to so many parties over the last 2 years she had a lot of girls she wanted to invite. We had 15 girls over for a sleepover party - yes, I'm crazy. They had so much fun. I actually organized what we called "The Amazing Frog Race." Frog because her theme was frogs, and a race because it was the best way to separate 15 girls. And amazing, because it actually worked out. The girls were on teams where they had to go to 10 different places and perform certain tasks to get their clue for their next destination. So they did things like slurp pond scum (green jello), with a straw, make frogs out of play-doh, and hike down a trail to find their colored ribbons. All of the girls had a lot of fun. And I actually survived the sleepover.


1 comment:

Westonhome said...

We just did Kailey's 10th birthday yesterday! I can't believe how fast these girls grow up on us!