Kristine Komm Stevenson
May 25, 1971 - October 27, 2013
I know it's been awhile since Kristine passed, but I never did take the time to pay tribute to her in my blog. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her. It's the smallest things that trigger memories I have of her, which then make me miss her more.
The hardest part about having her gone, is that I want to just call her and talk to her, but I can't. Sometimes I wonder what it would be able to hear her voice one more time.
The thing that surprised me the most about dealing with a loss is how life just moves on. I remember the week after her funeral when everything started to settle down, I was in total shock that the world could just keep moving on. I wanted to scream to everyone in the store, that my sister is gone. Nothing stops when someone dies. Sure, we have a funeral and take the day to remember that person, but then everyone just goes on with their lives. It almost seems that their life was in vain. And I don't want that to happen.
These are just a few of the photos I have of Kristine, and of course I wish I had taken more. Sometime I will put on my blog the eulogy I gave at her funeral. She was an amazing woman and her life and legacy will continue to inspire me. I love you Kristine.







No comments:
Post a Comment