Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Haylie's Changing Hair

August 2010

August - First Haircut January 2011
Well, since I have a year to catch up on, I thought I should mention Haylie's hair. Most mothers love to have little girls with long lucious locks. Haylie had that. It was fun to curl, put in pony tails, and create new doos. But I have to admit it was long not because I was partial to long hair, but because I just never got around to cutting it very often - so it grew longer and longer. I wasn't attached to her long hair and either was she so we cut it right before she was ready to start kindergarten. She loved her new hair cut. I think it's quite fitting for a little school girl as well. We did however, take baby steps. She really wanted it shorter the first time but we decided to go to the shoulders and then later cut it shorter in an A-line. And of course, because I never get around to getting hair appointments for kids we didn't get it cut until January. It's quite a drastic change and actually has taken some getting use to. But now we love it and it suits her perfectly. Haylie is cute, sassy, and spunky just like her hair!!!

1 comment:

Westonhome said...

I LOVE HER HAIR! She is so darn cute. I can just see her personality come through with that hair cut even though I haven't been around her much!