You all probably thought I would never blog again, but no, I'm back. We had such a busy summer that I told myself I wouldn't worry about blogging until school was back in. Yes, I know it's November, but what can I say. Since school started we've been busier than ever, but I finally have a moment to catch up. Here is what we've been up to.
JUNE

School didn't get out until the 18th because we had a few snow days to make up. So, our summer seemed a little short. The week after school got out Kellie and I headed to Young Women's Camp. It was her first year and I work in Young Women's so we were excited to be up there together. Kellie also celebrated her 12th birthday on June 24th, while we were at camp. I tried to make it special for her by having breakfast in bed/sleeping bag, Mike came with the kids to visit and brought cake and ice cream. We also celebrated before she left.
At camp we had a lot of fun singing goofy camp songs, getting our hair braided, drinking hot chocolate, falling out of canoes, roasting marshmallows by the camp fire, snipe hunting, and sleeping in our tents at night. Well, I tried to sleep - the girls stayed up all night talking. It was also a great spiritual experience with all of the devotionals, testimony meetings, bonding with the other girls, and being out in nature. It was a great week being with all of the YW in our ward. Unlike a lot of YW Camps, we pretty much rough it for 5 days without flushing toilets or showers. Needless to say, we were ready to get up and go home on that Friday to take a shower. Oh, and by the way my camping experience doesn't end there. I just got called to be YW Camp Director, so many more funfilled years at camp. I know you're probably lau
ghing at that, but so did everyone else in the ward when I got sustained. I guess I just don't seem like the camping type. But I know I was called because of my decked out top of the line tent. Mike, with all of his many years of scouting has some pretty nice camping gear, so he set me up with the Taj Mahal of tents - it was pretty awesome.
JUNE
School didn't get out until the 18th because we had a few snow days to make up. So, our summer seemed a little short. The week after school got out Kellie and I headed to Young Women's Camp. It was her first year and I work in Young Women's so we were excited to be up there together. Kellie also celebrated her 12th birthday on June 24th, while we were at camp. I tried to make it special for her by having breakfast in bed/sleeping bag, Mike came with the kids to visit and brought cake and ice cream. We also celebrated before she left.
Kellie also celebrated her 12th birthday at my parents lake place with 4 of her friends. They had so much fun tubing, swimming, playing games, and staying up late. I can't believe our little girl is old enough to be in Young Women now. I'm probably having a harder time with this than she is. Maybe because that means I'm old.

JULY
Mike's 50+ MILER
Just after he put together a movie about his adventure, they released him and put him in the bishopric - now it's a whole new adventure.
AUGUST
1 comment:
Welcome Back!
Post a Comment