Wednesday, November 12, 2008

September



Yes, I am still trying to catch up. So, the summer sadly came to an end but there was still a lot of excitement in September. Every Labor Day our Stake has a Labor Day Fun Run (5K). Anyone can run, including parents with strollers. They give out medals for different age divisions and two years ago Ashlie came in 2nd. After that time Preston has been determined to win a medal. With the help of his coach, Mike, he came in first. He even passed his older sisters along the way. I ran with Haylie in a stroller and took second place in the stroller division. Preston was so proud to have won the race and stand on the podium to receive his medal. It's a good thing because his age division was 5 and under. Next year there will be tougher competition when he's in the age 6-9 division. We always have so much fun as a family.






The kids started school Sept. 2nd, and it was a big day for all of them. Kellie started Middle School. She did let me take one picture in front of the school, but I had to do it fast. She was also very successful in getting her locker open - the only thing she worried about. So she had a great first day. Ashlie started 4th grade and has adjusted to being in the only class that meets out in the portables. She likes her teacher and her friends. And Preston started Kindergarten. We actually have him going to a private kindergarten, the same place he went to pre-school, because we're pretty sure we're going to have him do kindergarten at the elementary school next year. He loves it but it definitely is hard work for him. He asks me everyday, " Do I have school tomorrow again." in a very unenthused voice. He's slowly adjusting to it all. And Haylie gets to stay at home and be my little buddy everyday. I always miss having my kids at home when school starts, but I do have to say it's been very quiet.





No comments: