Thursday, May 15, 2008

Our Winter Getaway to Disneyworld

I have to write about our trip to Disneyworld in February. Yes, I know it's May but I have a lot of catching up to do since I am now officially blogging. We happened to plan our trip to Florida the same week the kids were out of school for snow days - perfect timing, I know. And boy, did we have a lot of snow this winter. School is never cancelled for the snow so that just shows how bad it was. How great it was to go somewhere where we could actually see the sun. We went with my parents, and both of my sisters families. We had so much fun.


Kellie was our thrill seeker and had to go on every roller coaster ride. She loved it so much that she went with Mike, Grandpa and the uncles to Universal Studios Island of Adventure, just so they could ride the more intense roller coasters. Ashlie enjoyed getting pictures and autographs of all her favorite characters. Preston got to see Woody, Buzz, Little Eisteins, and Lightning McQueen, but he probably had more fun swimming in the pool.


And Haylie absolutely loved the princesses. She thinks she is a princess. One of the days we were there all of the girls (Grandma, Aunt Kristine and cousin Katherine, Aunt Kimberly, Kellie, Ashlie, Haylie and I), went to the Princess Breakfast. What a dream come true to be able to meet all of the princesses. It truly was a magical experience. We had such a great time that the week just wasn't long enough. It was depressing to have to come back to all of the snow, but at least we have our memories and a tan. We hope to be able to do it "Egan."

6 comments:

Kristine said...

Dreams really do come true. What a magical trip that was, but so tiring. Next time, California!

Johanna said...

It is so fun to see all of you. You guys all still look the same -- your mom and dad, Christine, Kimberly and you and Mike. It looks like you had a great vacation! We have some sky miles that we have to use by September, so we're thinking about heading there this summer. I bet the lines are much more reasonable in February, but we'll have to take our chances. We took Abby to Disneyland two years ago and she loved it -- so I am sure that it will be that much better to go now that she is older.

Gwen said...

Tell Johanna to let me into her blog!! I don't have her email address. I would love to see how she is doing!

houseofhud said...

Hey, it's Allaina...

Sounds like you had a fun trip! My kids loved the characters as well when we went to Disneyland a year ago.

Can I add you to my blog links?

Michele said...

Yea!! You made it to the blogging world!! We just got back from Disneyworld too!! I have to get my pics up. I am so glad we can all keep now! :)

Gibber said...

It's Brandon Gibb...

I love the clever name of your blog. I hope its k if I check in now and again. We also recently joined the blogosphere and find it a fun way to keep up with friends and family (I am hoping to increase readership so much that we don't have to send Christmas cards).

http://gibbmeabreak.blogspot.com/